Friday, October 6, 2017

1P2L: Powder Blush with Tarte Paaarty


Confession: I haven't really used a powder blush in almost three years. Don't believe me? Just look back on old posts that demonstrate how I organized and downsized my collection. The last time you clearly see several powder blushes is in 2014. As time went on, I owned fewer and fewer products, and much of what left were my powders. After buying and trying mountains of makeup, I eventually reached the conclusion that creams and liquids worked better on my dry skin and were easier for me to apply.

I own a powder blush right now, though, because I got one free from Sephora for my birthday: Tarte Paaarty. I only recently started using it because...well, I hate typing the shade name, to be honest, but mostly because I'm still devoted to my cream blushes. And when I did decide to use it, it was as an eyeshadow--thanks, Pat McGrath! A blush is a blush, though, and I did used to love some of my powders, so why not give this guy the full treatment?


On the left, we've got Paaarty used as a traditional blush. Frankly, I didn't like this shade on my cheeks; despite the fact that I'm quite fair, I had to do quite a bit of building to get the color to show up. It did blend very easily, though, and I think it works well with the red lip.

I definitely prefer using this as an eyeshadow, though. Blended in to my crease, Paaarty adds some warmth and depth to my eyes. I'm pretty lazy about eye makeup these days, but I love the look of this so much, I've kind of gotten more in to eyeshadow. If I weren't so hyper-aware of my spending habits, I'd probably pick up another powder blush in a different shade at the drugstore just to use it on my eyes.


As with the last 1P2L post, there's a lot of unintentional product crossover here: I've been testing the YSL Touche Eclat, Catrice Long Lasting Brow Definer, and Dior DiorShow mascara for the last week, so without thinking about it, I used all three products in both looks. I also used Glossier Boy Brow and the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly in both looks, but that's mostly because I'm in the mood for brushed up brows lately, and because the NARS concealer is a staple for me.

There are two different shades of MAC Face & Body foundation in these photos as well. On the left, I'm wearing N1 and C1 with White, since I was trying to use up the last little bit of N1 I had. On the right, I'm wearing just C1 mixed with White. I thought the latter mixture was reading a bit dark on me, but seeing these photos confirms that the switch was probably a good idea. N1 has always been a hair too pink for me; I've just been able to get away with it because Face & Body is so skin-like.

Oh, and see that Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss? That review is coming soon! Spoiler alert: I think I'm finally out of the disappointing products rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment